Beyond today's design guidelines cover every aspect of home building with special emphasis on how to reduce spending through energy use. There are simple, practical, financially sensible ways to make a house energy efficient, provided they are put in place at the design stage.
A well designed, energy efficient home is an investment in the future. The guidelines ensure that each home is well built, long lasting, and will improve in value while costing less to live in.
The beyond team have produced easy to understand design guidelines covering:
- orientation to winter sun
- optimal placement of windows for light, winter warmth and summer breezes
- external shading for summer coolness
- zero overshadowing from neighbours
- indoor/outdoor living area linkage
- solar hot water supply
- solar energy supply
- thermal mass for heat conduction
- materials with lowest toxicity and lowest environmental impact
- rainwater harvesting
The design guidelines will ensure that all houses built within beyond meet high standards, giving you confidence in knowing what can and cannot be built around you, providing the greatest potential for strong capital growth.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. For a complete version please contact us via email
For more information about the design guidelines and how to use them, please feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org